1. Describe how we can phrase a negative message so that is does not offend the recipient. Why do we want to take your described approach?
2. What is audience analysis? Why is it important in business communication?
3. What are some tools and techniques that might be used in a persuasive effort?
4. Name three barriers to effective intercultural communication
5. What are the components of the communication process? Describe a hypothetical business communication scenario, explaining how each of the communication components might impact the ability for all participants to arrive at shared meaning.
6. In a communication context, what is meant by shared meaning?
7. Write a wordy sentence, and then a revised version that is clear and concise
8. Do all reports include the same basic format and contents? Please explain.
9. What are at five of the many things we must consider when revising written communication to ensure it is clear, concise and compelling?
10. Describe how you might go about your next job search. Consider how you will prepare for your interview, and what you will look for as you review and revise your employment documents.
11. List five rules that you feel should go in every company’s netiquette rule book.
12. What are the steps of Monroe’s Motivated Sequence? What does each accomplish? Why is this an effective organizational pattern for many types of sales letters and other persuasive efforts?