Part 1. Briefly discuss the relationship of at least one of the couples. Be specific and support your points with references to plot incidents and quotes from the text.
· What problems undermine their relationships(s)?
· What are the chances, if any, that they will deal with them and improve their marriage(s)?
· What do you think will happen to these characters in the future? (Of course, Mrs. Mallard, has no future.) Do any of these men or women have similar characteristics?
art2. Read these three short stories and then answer the questions in the text that follow the first two stories and then the questions listed below for the third story. Be sure to answer in complete sentences and short paragraphs and provide reasons and evidence from the text for support.
1. “The Storm” by Kate Chopin—p. 20–# 1 to 7
2. “Cat in the Rain,” by Ernest Hemingway–pp. 107-108–#1 to 6
3. “The Story of an Hour,” by Kate Chopin–
o In the opening paragraph we learn that Mrs. Mallard has heart trouble?
o Why is this detail important?
o What is Mrs. Mallard’s epiphany?
o What is the meaning of the title? Describe Mrs. Mallard’s death.
o Does Mrs. Mallard love
o How does Chopin portray women and their role in marriage in the society of her time?
Please do Part 1 and Part 2 (3) first. Because I don’t have book right now, I will provide you question of Part 2-(1&2) later. Thank you